[CT Birds] Chester weekend - various arrivals, plus a loon (?)

teustis at killingworthlibrary.org teustis at killingworthlibrary.org
Sun May 4 08:31:37 EDT 2014

Chester, 5/3 and 5/4 - A very birdy weekend (so far). Arrivals include:
Baltimore orioles (three males, now triaged down to two)
wood thrush
black-and-white warblers
rose-breasted grosbeak
black-throated green warbler
ruby-throated hummer
fish crows (numerous and noisy)
worm-eating warbler
chimney swift
Also: if anyone is birding around the Killingworth Reservoir off of
Reservoir Road, please let me know if you see or hear a loon. I am 100%
sure I heard one call this morning - around 7:45 - as I was walking
Butter Jones Rd. in Chester. It came from the direction of the
reservoir, at a good distance; definitely not an owl, mourning dove,
flicker, or any other critter. But I'd love to have that confirmed!
:-)  Tammy Eustis, Chester