[CT Birds] Tricolored Blackbird (?) Vernon

Phil Lohr phil.lohr at cox.net
Sun May 4 12:43:56 EDT 2014

I've positively identified Tricolored Blackbirds at my feeder in South
Glastonbury - four males and an female.  The field markings are without
question, and they also act and move differently than Red-wings - much more
choppy in their movement and they scare very easily in comparison.

I believe there may be a flock near the South Glastonbury side of the ferry.
I was kayaking there when the water river was flooded two weeks ago and was
remarking to my daughter how the red-wings in CT seemed so different
(recently moved from PA).  They were in a flock (after migration), their
song sounded different and they were foraging in wetlands than in a field

Phil - South Glastonbury CT