[CT Birds] Glastonbury - various

Bill Asteriades bill.asteriades at gmail.com
Mon May 5 05:50:57 EDT 2014

Regret the late post.....very busy weekend.

>From Bill Asteriades, Andrew Dasinger, Denise Jernigan and Annette Pasek:

5/3/14 Glastonbury, Old Maids Lane, Riverfront Park and other - 2 BROWN
THRASHERS, EASTERN MEADOWLARK, 2 COMMON RAVEN, ORCHARD ORIOLE, 2 BOBOLINKS
and 5 AMERICAN PIPIT. 11 warbler species including a worm-eating warbler.
We were pleasantly surprised at the number of different species which
flooded the area with the latest southerly front coming through. We had
about 80 species during our morning walk.

During the early afternoon I had an early adult Mississippi Kite flyover at
route 17 and Hopewell Street near the Cotton Hollow Preserve drifting
northeast. They were probable breeders in Glastonbury last year, based on
sightings in June and July, and may be coming back to the area.

5/3/14 Glastonbury, Route 17 near Cotton Hollow Preserve - an adult
MISSISSIPPI KITE.

Bill Asteriades
South Glastonbury, CT