[CT Birds] Odd Pair plus sugar water

zellene zellene at earthlink.net
Mon May 5 08:37:03 EDT 2014

I will not get into my huge disagreement with Mr. Williams' argument that organic produce  is not safer than foods grown by the huge agri-businesses. That is not the purpose of this list and I do NOT want to start a war on ctbirds.

I will say, however, that GMO crops are affecting butterfly populations. Birds who would feed on the insects that are killed by wholesale broadcasting of chemical pesticides are also impacted.  The whole nature of commercial farming is destructive to habitat for birds and wildlife.

I AM switching back to refined sugar in light of Roy's information. I will use the organic stuff in my organic coffee.
And I do eat organic....preferably from my garden or local farmer's markets where I know who is growing my food. No fish gene tomatoes for me.

If you want to respond to this, please do so off-list to me.

Zellene