[CT Birds] Assorted Reports

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Mon May 5 11:44:58 EDT 2014

Passing these along.

 From Fran and Tom Holloway
Middletown, Guida Parm Conservation Area (just north of Durham on Route 17)
5/5/14 - 9:00 am, One beautiful, cooperative singing male HOODED WARBLER, along
the  main trail.  Also we heard another one in the distance. Also saw a  Blue
Wing Warbler and heard Prairies and a Redstart, plus innumerable  Towhees.

 From Mark Scott:

5/5/14 -- East Rock Park, Hamden -- quiet today except for nesters. Nashville warbler on Trowbridge Drive was most noteworthy bird.
5/5/14 -- West Rock State Park, Hamden -- great crested flycatcher, yellow-throated vireo, ovenbird, black-throated green warbler, Northern parula. Snake: one of this state's two black snakes, rat or racer, if I am remembering right. Didn't get too close

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT