[CT Birds] Waterford near Niantic River. Back yard birds

Pat psmithct at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 5 12:51:52 EDT 2014

Baltimore Orioles -two at my feeder, possibly more I hear them up in the giant Catalpa
Many many Goldfinches, 1 Cardinal, 1 Catbird -likely more by the singing I hear at evening, 1 Blue Jay, 2 song sparrows, 1 Seaside sparrow, 1House wren, 4Downy and 1 Red bellied woodpecker.  Many Robins.  1 Redwinged Blackbird, 1 female Rose breasted Grosbeak.  Blessedly no starlings to ruin the fun, lol.  Mockingbirds curiously absent this spring.  Scarlet Tanager heard but not seen.

Patrick Smith
Waterford

Sent from my iPad