[CT Birds] Vote on the Preserve! +

John Ogren northernrail at comcast.net
Mon May 5 19:22:09 EDT 2014

>From Old Saybrook- Yellow-Crowned Night Heron, in the Plum Bank Marsh. The bird was visible from the far corner of Trask Park on Trask Road. I have never seen one anywhere east of Stratford/Milford. Many shorebirds in marsh, from boat, including 150-200 peeps (mostly Leasts), dozens of Yellow-Legged and Willets.
Between today and Wednesday the General assembly will vote on approving the bonded portion for the Preserve purchase. As of this afternoon this had still not been assigned a number. The following is from the director of The Trust for Public Lands who are coordinating the purchase.
Preserve the 1,000-acre Forest

   Preserve the 1,000-acre Forest
Get updates and get involved with our the work to save Connecticut's last coastal forest, located...
View on www.facebook.com Preview by Yahoo

John Ogren
Old Saybrook Land Trust