[CT Birds] Two Goshawk Reports

Russ Smiley arsmiley at comcast.net
Mon May 5 22:14:30 EDT 2014

Jeremy's report reminded me that a week or so back I saw what I thought was
a goshawk while I was driving on Route 2 through the forest between
Glastonbury and Marlborough. I saw it only backlit in profile, but it was
large accipiter, had a deliberate wing beat, and a long straight tail. I
think it was being hounded by a blackbird. At the time I suspected it was
just wandering through, and I thought "wouldn't it be nice to have one
resident over on this side of the river". Now with Jeremy's report, perhaps
we are so fortunate.
Russ Smiley
Marlborough, CT