[CT Birds] dead bats

Amy Hopkins hopkinsus at cs.com
Wed May 7 10:37:52 EDT 2014

If you find any dead bats, please contact the DEEP Bat Program at:

DEEP.Batprogram at ct.gov

Do not touch the bat with an ungloved hand.

They will be interested in the circumstances of the bat's death, especially little brown bats because they've been decimated by White Nose Syndrome.  They might want the bat so they can do a necropsy on it if the cause of death isn't obvious, like trauma.

Amy Hopkins

>Are you aware of aNy groups that collect dead bats?  A few years ago there wAs a dead little brown bat on my driveway.  No one who I contacted was interested in it.  It seemed a waste not to learn from this dead creature.

Bev Propen