[CT Birds] Assorted Reports

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Wed May 7 23:09:38 EDT 2014

More reports from AOL subscribers that I have to post for them.

 >From Mark Scott:

5/7/14 -- East Rock Park, Hamden -- with Ed Sadowski, crossing paths with New Haven Bird Club walk -- brown thrasher at Giant Steps. Female black-throated blue warbler,?scarlet tanagers?at Trowbridge Drive. We had fourteen species of warbler; counting bird club's sightings, total was sixteen.
5/7/14 -- Marginal Drive, West Haven -- Eastern kingbird, prairie warbler, scarlet tanager.
5/7/14 -- Edgewood Park, New Haven -- Eastern kingbird, Nashville warbler, orchard oriole

 From Gina Nichol <sunrisebirding at aol.com>, Branford, CT
5/6 - Branford Supply Ponds - Orchard Oriole, Chimney Swifts and more

 It was a lovely morning at Branford Supply Ponds with mostly resident birds showing - not much in the way of migrants.

Highlights were a pair of Wood Ducks, the female sitting on top of the most obvious nest box in the first pond and the male in the water below, my first Eastern Kingbirds of the year, Worm-eating Warbler, Orchard Oriole, and numerous Blue-winged Warblers.

eBird Report at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S18265928

Noticeably absent were Indigo Bunting, Prairie Warbler and the Ruby-throated Hummingbird was not in his spot but I was pretty jetlagged so I may have missed a few things!

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT