[CT Birds] West Haven White-rumped Sand bent Lincoln's

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Fri May 9 19:37:54 EDT 2014

One White-rumped Sandpiper at Sandy Point this evening plus good numbers of the expected stuff.  A gorgeous Red-throated Loon quite close to shore was a nice bonus. No luck with the skimmer for me.

Earlier, there was a Lincoln's Sparrow under the feeder close to the birding balcony at the Bent, along with 3 Indigo Buntings at once.   There was a Wilson's Warbler at the SE corner of Althea's Meadow, a Blackburnian Warbler near the barn and Ken had a Canada Warbler in the orchard.  Earlier in the day there was a Nashville Warbler near the orchard. But a photo eluded me despite it being about 15' from me.

Sent from my iPhone