[CT Birds] Warbling vireo and common yellowthroat wood warbler - Washington Depot, CT

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 11 11:59:22 EDT 2014

Stopped in Washington Depot, CT late this morning to check my favorite place for warbling vireo, the park which is on the Shepaug River behind the Washington Food Market. Heard warbling vireo here but did see the little devil. There is also a small stream coming down to the Shepaug River by the Washington Senior Center/ Veterans Hall here which always worth a check but just heard a common yellowthroat wood warbler here. Lots of Baltimore orioles about in my area now. Heard an ovenbird on our property on South St this morning also.

David W Babington
Washington, CT