[CT Birds] Hamden: North Lake: Big Avis Fwd: eBird Report - Big Avis, May 11, 2014

Arthur Shippee ashippee at snet.net
Sun May 11 18:38:09 EDT 2014

The song of a Great Crested Flycatcher drew me out to the small kettle pond, Big Avis, here, where between a quick view @ 4:30 and a revisit with my wife Mary @ about 6, we had also 5 warblers up in the oaks (B&W, Blackpoll, Yellow, Yellow-rumped, & Magnolia) & one in the leaf litter, Common Yellowthroat.  Not that we can count as a hot spot, but it's nice to have these guys right outside.  GC Fly was a pair:  one singing spot to spot, the other tagging along.  We often have one nesting hereabouts.

Begin forwarded message: