[CT Birds] FOY and new to yard

Tricia Reid reidtri at gmail.com
Mon May 5 18:46:11 EDT 2014

I appear to have new yard residents, two male Baltimore Orioles in full
dress, and either a female or immature male. This is the 2nd day that they
have been chasing the woodpeckers away from the butcher's suet and also
feeding from the hummingbird feeders. I hung a halved orange up yesterday
afternoon and it is already stripped clean. To Big Y tomorrow! I also have
two white-crowned sparrows, (no white bib or yellow eye spot) that are
coming regularly.

FOY catbird this morning, last year I had a breeding pair, only one
fledgling though. Male hummers now frequent at my feeders (when the orioles
aren't there first).

Tricia Reid
Mansfield Center