[CT Birds] Pumpikin Hill Rd, Chaplin. 50 species 5/6

Justin Lawson justindlawson at gmail.com
Wed May 7 12:20:10 EDT 2014

First off thank you to the people who emailed me about Cerulean Warblers.
If I had known it would have been easy as it was I would of never asked for
help! As soon as I started driving on Pumpkin Hill Rd I heard a male
Cerulean Warbler singing. At one stop along the road we had 4 bickering
with each other which allowed for some nice shots. I will definitely be
headed back down with my 6 year old for his little big year so he can grab
a few species. I had seen in the past that Worm-eatinng was found there and
a Hooded the day before. Ran out of  time so therefore couldnt really
search for other gems. Other highlihts were Red-eye, Warbling, and
Yellow-throated Vireo's, Rusty Blackbirds, both Waterthrushes, an American
Woodcock that my 2 year must have literally stepped on as it flew up almost
smashing us in the faces.

photos of Cerulean-

full list

Pumpkin Hill Rd--Pipeline, Windham, US-CT
May 6, 2014 10:42 AM - 1:27 PM
Protocol: Traveling
3.0 mile(s)
Comments:     Submitted from  BirdLog NA for Android v1.9.3
50 species

Canada Goose  2
Mallard  2
Great Blue Heron  1
Turkey Vulture  2
Osprey  1
American Woodcock  1
Chimney Swift  5
Ruby-throated Hummingbird  1
Red-bellied Woodpecker  4
Downy Woodpecker  1
Least Flycatcher  4
Eastern Phoebe  3
Yellow-throated Vireo  3     ph
Warbling Vireo  2
Red-eyed Vireo  1     ph
Blue Jay  4
Black-capped Chickadee  8
Tufted Titmouse  5
White-breasted Nuthatch  4
House Wren  1
Carolina Wren  1
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher  12
Eastern Bluebird  1
American Robin  16
Gray Catbird  1
Ovenbird  13
Louisiana Waterthrush  1
Northern Waterthrush  1
Blue-winged Warbler  1
Black-and-white Warbler  3
Common Yellowthroat  6
American Redstart  5
Cerulean Warbler  6     5m 1f--<iframe src="
width="1024" height="805" frameborder="0"></iframe>

<iframe src="
width="1024" height="766" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Northern Parula  2
Magnolia Warbler  1
Yellow Warbler  8
Yellow-rumped Warbler (Myrtle)  19