[CT Birds] New Haven Bird Club Big Day

John Oshlick john.oshlic at gmail.com
Sat May 10 18:55:39 EDT 2014

We had a great day. We had about a dozen participants. The weather turned
out to be great and the birds were very cooperative. We ended up with 113
species. 23 warblers seen and heard by the group as a whole. Most of the
rare warblers were VERY cooperative.

East Rock - 1 Cape May down at the museum area (found by Mark Scott and
Richard Payne) and then 2 on Trowbridge. They gave amazing looks. We also
had 1 Bay-breasted on Trowbridge. Other birds included 1 Wilson's Warbler,
several Nashville Warblers and 3 Blackburnian Warblers.

West Rock Ridge State Park - Lake Wintergreen - Several Blue-winged
Warblers, N. Waterthrush, and Canada Warbler (Found by Dan Rottino).

Sandy Point. 1 Skimmer, several Common and Least Terns, 2 Green-winged
Teal, 6 Lesser Scaup, 1 Greater Yellowlegs. Least and Semipalmated
Sandpipers. Semipalmated Plovers, Greater Yellowlegs, and 1 Short-billed

John Oshlick