[CT Birds] Robins

Steve Mayo and Rebecca Horowitz rsdmayo at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 11 12:51:19 EDT 2014

Interesting. American Robins seem to be very common birds in South Central CT deciduous woods.

As a creature who has kicked around in the leaf litter, I recall seeing a whole lot of Robin-food, there.  But apparently, they are indeed a bird of open, short grass areas. George Clark has an excellent article on this topic, in The Atlas of Breeding Birds of Connecticut (1994).

Steve Mayo