[CT Birds] Identification Help Needed...

waltduncan at comcast.net waltduncan at comcast.net
Sun May 11 21:18:33 EDT 2014

At Cabela's pond 6:30 this morning, I saw a bird that was bigger than a mockingbird, but smaller than a robin in the grass. It then flew to a small tree. In both settings it kept opening and shutting its wings. The bird was light brown. The one distinct field mark, of which I am sure, is that the underside of the wings had a large pure white patch, running from the body up about 1/3 of the wing. I believe the white patch ran from the front of the wing to the back. It definitely contrasted sharply with the rest of the light brown body and wing. Any ID help appreciated.