[CT Birds] Fw: Simsbury Nod Brook WMA Redstart Bonanza

zellene zellene at earthlink.net
Tue May 13 12:15:02 EDT 2014

-----Forwarded Message-----
From: zellene
Sent: May 13, 2014 12:14 PM
To: ct bird list
Subject: Simsbury Nod Brook WMA Redstart Bonanza

body{font-size:10pt;font-family:arial,sans-serif;background-color:#ffffff;color:black;}p{margin:0px;}

A large number of male and female Redstarts everywhere, at least 30++. The estimate is probably low because I can't keep track of numbers while I am enjoying the birds.   Also big numbers of male and female Common Yellowthroats, about 25+.  In addition, Magnolia, Wilson's, and Yellow Warblers. The amazing thing was that all were seen at eye level, many only 10 feet from me.  Gorgeous close up view of a Green Heron, and 2 Solitary Sandpipers. Numerous orioles singing.

Zellene