[CT Birds] Great Day at East Rock

John Oshlick john.oshlic at gmail.com
Tue May 13 13:28:38 EDT 2014

I started out at the Eli Whitney Museum area. It was full of birds. I think
I had 5 Canadas 5 Wilson's, a blackburnian, 4 blackpolls,  3 N. Waterthrush
and over a half dozen each of redstart, magnolia, yellow, parula, and
yellowthroat. I then ran into Jake Musser who told me about what he found
on the Giant Steps. I reached the base of the Giant Steps (near the red
gate) and over the next hour of so our group of birders saw 3 Cape Mays
(all in the tall spruce at the start of the road), 2 blackburnians, 1
Bay-breasted, and 1 Tennessee. We also briefly refound the Summer Tanager.
According to Mark Scott there were 22 species of warbler in the park today.
It was a great day.

John Oshlick
Bethany