[CT Birds] Scarlet tanger and thrushes - Washington, CT

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 13 13:39:55 EDT 2014

While waiting around here today for a AAA person to get here to get my car started I got some birding done on our property here on South St in Washington, CT. Despite losing a hearing aid recently I was able to hear a scarlet tanager, which took awhile to find in the top of an oak tree. My mom, coming back from a walk, reported a thrush further up our long driveway to South St. Checked out her report and a wood thrush and two veerys feeding in the driveway. Not to much doing on the wood warbler front, harder birds for me to find by ear and by eye. Did have a yellow-rumped warbler and heard a red-eyed vireo.

David W Babington
Washington, CT