[CT Birds] possible ST Flycatcher - no

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Wed May 14 21:27:46 EDT 2014

Passing this along for Glenn Williams.

----- Forwarded Message -----
To: Roy Harvey <rmharvey at snet.net>
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 9:09 PM
Subject: possible ST Flycatcher - no

Roy,

I ran out the door as soon as I read the report but unfortunately it was already dusk.  It wasn't until I got home that I realized that the sighting was from yesterday.  Oh well.  I will still try tomorrow morning before work.

 From Glenn Williams:
5/14/14 - No luck with the possible Scissor-tailed Flycatcher at dusk this evening (Wednesday).  The best place to look if it were in area would be the Groton-New London Airport.  The parking lot area at Bluff Point wouldn't be bad.  If the bird stayed in the immediate area, the Groton Family Farm on Route 1 just west of the Route 1/117 intersection has a small but suitable habitat and abuts the Groton Senior Center and Groton Library property.