[CT Birds] Bay-breasted Warbler etc. in Hamden

Florence McBride michael.mcbride at yale.edu
Wed May 14 21:54:12 EDT 2014

5/14/14 Hamden, near the upper end of Lake Whitney - At and near the cul-de-sac at the west end of Ingram Street (off Greenway), there was a variety of warblers singing and/or foraging around noon today.  A male Bay-breasted Warbler giving its wispy song was the highlight.  A little while later at the northwest corner of the Johnson's Pond property I heard and then saw a beautiful (of course) male Blackburnian Warbler.   Other warblers seen and/or heard in the area were, at least, Blackpoll, Canada, Yellow-rumped, C. Yellowthroat, Redstart male and female, Black-and-white, N. Parula, and Magnolia; and a Pine Warbler had been heard farther south by the lake, as I was en route to Ingram St.