[CT Birds] White Foundation, Litchfield

Schlesinger, Lee Lee.Schlesinger at purchase.edu
Thu May 15 15:33:26 EDT 2014

forgot to sign, sorry:

Lee Schlesinger
Port Chester, NY
From: CTBirds <ctbirds-bounces at lists.ctbirding.org> on behalf of Schlesinger, Lee
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2014 3:31 PM
To: Comins, Patrick; CT Birds List
Subject: [CT Birds] White Foundation, Litchfield

I spent some hours yesterday at various spots throughout the White Foundation, and recorded 73 species.  This included 14 warbler species, which I consider pretty good since I can't hear most of them unless they're right next to me, which a few were.  There were a couple of little waves of migrants, including Wilson's Warbler, Blackpoll, and several Canada Warblers.  Also:  "Grey-Cheeked" Thrush, Solitary Sandpiper and Greater Yellowlegs, Least Flycatcher (but no singing Willows etc), Savannah Sparrow.  No Bobolinks (yet) on Apple Hill; swallows sparse; raptors, only Red-Tailed Hawk and (sort-of raptor) Turkey Vulture...