[CT Birds] HAS Penwood walk

Brian Kleinman snaketat at cox.net
Sun May 18 21:54:03 EDT 2014

Seven HAS members enjoyed a beautiful morning at Penwood State Park in
Simsbury/Bloomfield this morning.  We tallied 53 species in our 4 mile hike
up and down the ridge.  Highlights were 16 species of warbler including at
least 5 male WORM-EATING WARBLER¹s calling on territory, 3 BLACKBURNIAN
WARBLERS, BLACKPOLL, NORTHERN PARULA, and HOODED WARBLER (heard).  A very
cooperative SWAINSON¹s THURSH allowed phenomenal views and a keen eyed
birder spotted a BLACK VULTURE flying high over the ridge.

Brian Kleinman
Riverside Reptiles
www.riversidereptiles.com
(860) 653-2535