[CT Birds] Cape May Warbler, Hamden

Kevin Burgio kevin.burgio at gmail.com
Tue May 13 12:19:24 EDT 2014

>From Kevin Burgio:

5/13/14 - Hamden Yard: 1 male CAPE MAY WARBLER stopping for a few minutes
in my spruce tree; best looks I've ever had.  Also, 1 BAY-BREASTED WARBLER,
and 3+ BLACKPOLL WARBLERS.  Other highlights include: Magnolia Warbler
(5+), Black-throated Blue Warbler, Black-throated Green Warbler, Canada
Warbler, and 5 other warbler species (12 total).  Also, Scarlet Tanager
(2), Eastern Wood Pewee, and Baltimore Oriole (2).  42 total species.  Not
bad for mostly just looking out my office window (when I am supposed to be

I also neglected to report from yesterday:

5/12/14 - Hamden Yard: 1 SWAINSON'S THRUSH singing in my neighbor's yard in
the late afternoon.  I hope I didn't creep them out too much with my
binoculars.  Also, 1 female ORCHARD ORIOLE stopped by my crab apple tree.

Kevin Burgio

Kevin R. Burgio  @KRBurgio <https://twitter.com/KRBurgio>
Ph.D. Student
NSF Graduate Research Fellow