[CT Birds] Meriden Birds

Joseph Cala joseph.e.cala at gmail.com
Wed May 14 21:04:18 EDT 2014

Took Patrick's offer to come bird his street and ran down for an hour or so
after work from 5:30-6:45ish.  Moderate activity from 5:30-6:20 and then it
became crazy with birds literally dripping from the tree in the middle of
the road.

Numerous Magnolia, Black-throated Green (huge wave came through),
Blackpoll, Yellow-rumped, and Northern Parula.  Managed my lifer
Blackburnian and FOY Bay-breasted as well.

At around 6:30 I couldn't keep up with the warblers coming into and out of
trees.  The lighting was poor at best the whole time so there were
countless warblers I wasn't able to identify so I'm sure there were others
like Tennessee mixed in.  Also a handful of Baltimore Orioles in the same
oak tree and a Blue-Jay doing it's best Red-tailed impression.