[CT Birds] East rock and Cheshire road

Nick Ferrauolo naferrauolo1999 at gmail.com
Sun May 18 15:55:23 EDT 2014

I had two amazing days of birding one being at East rock and the other a
pond on Cheshire road in Wallingford, an unexpected candidate for some
great birds.

East rock:
1 Mute swan
3 Red eyed vireo
15 Rough winged swallows
1 Northern Water thrush
1 Northern Parula
2 Yellow Warbler
1Yellow Rumped Warbler
1 Canada Warbler
2 Brown Headed Cowbirds
1 Orchard Oriole
1 Baltimore Oriole

Cheshire pond (I'll give a good description of my travelling just in case
anyone was interested in riding over)

I arrived at 12:30 and sat at the picnic tables overlooking the pond saw a
few tree and barn swallows and a LEAST FLYCATCHER fly over my head, also
had a few Baltimores and Indigo buntings before heading up the hill trail.
At the first turn I took a right to have one male SCARLET TANAGER give a
few good looks. then I continued up the hill and circled back around to
find one male ORCHARD ORIOLE eating fruits from a tree. On the way out saw
a male Bluebird across the street. pretty good for a new location.

Nick Ferrauolo