[CT Birds] Kellogg center & Osbornedale

Beverly Propen via CTBirds ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org
Tue May 20 12:05:17 EDT 2014

​5/20   Derby, Osbornedale  by Kellogg Center-field & around lake
7:30-9:30AM
TREE SWALLOWS nesting, COMMON YELLOWTHROATS, YELLOW WARBLERS, RED WINGED
BLACKBIRDS, 1 SCARLET TANAGER (MALE), many CATBIRDS, ROBINS, CAROLINA WREN,
BLUE JAYS, CARDINALS, 1 TURKEY VULTURE, COWBIRDS, CHICKADEES, CHIMNEY
SWIFTS, SONG SPARROWS, HOUSE SPARROWS,  REDEYED VIREO singing, 2 pairs of
nesting BALTIMORE ORIOLES,
 1 female INDIGO BUNTING, CANADA GEESE with goslings, a pair of RED TAILED
HAWKS soaring and getting harassed by the Red winged blackbirds, 1 GREAT
EGRET in pond also getting harassed by Red winged blackbirds, 1 MAGNOLIA
WARBLER, MOURNING DOVES, singing
BLACK THROATED BLUE WARBLER, 1 EASTERN PHOEBE, WARBLING VIREO, nesting
BLUEBIRDS,
2 DOWNIES-male, 1 WHITE THROATED SPARROW singing, GRACKLES, STARLINGS, and
1 white squirrel on tree my center. I recorded one song that I could not
recognize, and could not see the bird since it was in the thickets up the
hiking path near the fields.
Bev Propen, Orange