[CT Birds] Monday Golden Eagle at Bradley

Roy Harvey via CTBirds ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org
Tue May 20 19:06:11 EDT 2014

Passing this along.

 From Dean Killelea
I spotted a golden eagle on Monday the 19th of May in of all places, turning over the terminal building at Bradley airport. I’ve been a birder for years and am especially interested in hawks and eagles. I flew hang gliders for 17 years and had plenty of time to identify the various species. This eagle was approx. 500ft directly overhead circling. I know what immature bald eagles look like, having watched the breading pair in Colebrook for years. This bird had no white on the wings or tail and had distinctive dark banding on the tail.  It was not a turkey vulture. I was thrilled to have finally spotted one.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT