[CT Birds] Speaking of Turnstones...

Jonah Cohen via CTBirds ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org
Sat May 24 17:26:40 EDT 2014

Hazel's post reminded me of a question I had...

While checking out Sandy Point in West Haven to monitor the Piping Plover nests (eggs, check; chicks, not yet...) we saw a dozen Ruddy Turnstones, after seeing 2 or 3 the last several weeks. Just out of curiosity, is it late in the spring for them to be around, or is this their typical migration schedule?

At Sandy Point + Hammonsassett, a pleasant day. Pretty much the Usual Suspects; Hammy did include a Common Loon flying over, a couple Saltmarsh Sparrows, a couple of Brown Thrashers, and the Purple Martin in apartment A9 was particularly industrious about nest building.

Jonah Cohen
Newington