[CT Birds] Sandy Point surprises

via CTBirds ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org
Sun May 25 10:27:05 EDT 2014

25/5/14 Sandy Point, West Haven. Two hours through to high tide this morning on the river side of the point yielded the expected migrants-Dunlin, Ruddy Turnstones, Sanderling, Least and Semipalmated Sandpipers, Black-bellied and Semipalmated Plovers. Surprised by a late pair of Northern Shoveler on arrival and a Yellow-billed Cuckoo flushed as I was leaving from the small trees by the trail entrance from the parking lot. Least Terns were about but less than the last two years, but I did not see any Piping Plovers in the two hours.

Paul Wolter
Branford.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T