[CT Birds] Westport Nelson's Sparrow

Tina and Peter Green via CTBirds ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org
Thu May 22 20:19:46 EDT 2014

I went to Compo Beach and Sherwood Island at 7pm,which was high tide and just after the storms passed,to see if any shorebirds may have dropped in. Here are my highlights:
5/22/14-Westport-Compo Beach-6 Semipalmated Plovers,200+ Common Terns flying over Cockenoe Island

Sherwood Island SP-Nelson's Sparrow at edge of marsh behind the model airplane field.I flushed the bird while walking the edge and it popped up and landed atop a piece of driftwood out in the open and allowing for excellent views.

Tina Green
petermgreen at hotmail.com
Sent from my iPhone