[CT Birds] Chester, 5/25 - eastern kingbird, cuckoos

via CTBirds ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org
Sun May 25 10:27:30 EDT 2014

Chester, 5/25 - Excellent sighting of an eastern kingbird on the
powerlines down the road. I knew instantly that it wasn't a phoebe or
great-crested flycatcher, and the bird clinched the deal when it swooped
out over me to nab a bug and I got a great look at that white-edged dark
tail, all fanned out. First time I've seen one in our neighborhood.
Plus two yellow-billed cuckoos clacking in the woods, just in time to
eat the caterpillars.
~  Tammy Eustis, Chester