[CT Birds] Such is fate!

Paul Desjardins via CTBirds ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org
Sun May 25 18:18:18 EDT 2014

Just as I arrived at Hammo this morning I realized I had left my binoculars at home! I did have my scope with me so was able to see 2 Purple Sandpipers from Meigs Point at least. I soon went home to Windsor Locks to retrieve them and then decided to bird in Enfield, Somers and Stafford. While at Shenipsit State Forest I thought to myself I know where there are a couple of tall dead trees that might produce an Olive Sided Flycatcher. Open walking up to them there it was- an Olive Sided Flycatcher! And to top it off upon walking back to my car I found a twenty dollar bill right next to the car that I hadn't noticed before!  So by forgetting my binoculars and going to Shenipsit  State Forest in Stafford my other thought "Things happen for a reason" was proven!