[CT Birds] 5/26 - Trout Brook, Easton

Alex Burdo via CTBirds ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org
Mon May 26 09:39:06 EDT 2014

For the second straight day, James Purcell and I visited the Aspetuck Land
Trust's Trout Brook Valley Preserve in search of Black-billed Cuckoo. Our
efforts finally payed off with THREE calling birds, all heard in the
vicinity of the meadow to the north of the Bradley Road entrance on the
green and white trails, past the wetland and before the fish ladder. We
were not only able to enjoy these birds calling for an extended period of
time, but we also were able to obtain a visual in the form of a bird flying
from the north side of the meadow to the southeast side, which was huge. A
calling Yellow-billed Cuckoo nearby was the icing on the cake to an
unbelievable morning, which ended years of Black-billed frustration for us.

>From Alex Burdo and James Purcell:
5/26 - Easton, Trout Brook Valley Preserve -- 3 BLACK-BILLED CUCKOO, 1
YELLOW-BILLED CUCKOO, 3 ACADIAN FLYCATCHER, 1 SWAINSON'S THRUSH, 1
Yellow-throated Vireo, 1 Louisiana Waterthrush, 1 Canada Warbler.
5/25 - Easton, Trout Brook Valley Preserve -- 2 YELLOW-BILLED CUCKOO, 2
ACADIAN FLYCATCHER, 3 WINTER WREN, 1 GRAY-CHEEKED THRUSH, 1 Yellow-throated
Vireo, 6 Worm-eating Warbler, 5 Louisiana Waterthrush.

Alex Burdo
Fairfield