[CT Birds] Mystery Bird

Paul Desjardins via CTBirds ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org
Tue May 27 16:25:51 EDT 2014

This afternoon while at Hammonasset in Madison I observed in the marsh along the beach near the beginning of the moraine trail a bird that I first took to be an immature Little Blue Heron. It was in the marsh a ways and I could not see the color of the legs but it was all white with a bicolored beak as in Little Blue Heron BUT it had a plume sticking out on the head. Seems like some sort of hybrid. Maybe Little Blue HeronXLittle Egret? So if anyone is out that way keep an eye out!

Paul Desjardins