[CT Birds] HOODED WARBLER

Jim Pfeifer via CTBirds ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org
Thu May 29 12:08:48 EDT 2014

I took a 20 minute walk this morning around 9:30 (5/29/14) down a CL&P Easement (Frost Bridge Easement I think) which crosses Park Road in Watertown.  Very birdy, including a very, very cooperative Lifer Hooded Warbler.  I've been looking for one in CT for years, and have always failed (heard but never seen) - had the bird for 2-3 minutes singing and foraging on right side of the easement looking north, about 1,000 feet north of Park Road.   Also had eight other warbler species.

Jim

James L. Pfeifer, LEP
Principal Consultant
Environmental Resources Management