[CT Birds] Woodbridge Community Gardens Directions

Roy Harvey via CTBirds ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org
Fri May 30 22:48:16 EDT 2014

I'd never actually been there myself until this afternoon.  I managed to find some directions in old CTBirds messages, copied below.  To summarize, in Woodbridge, from the intersection of Rt 114 and Beecher Rd, go up Beecher (open fields to the right) and look for a right turn into a parking lot (at the end of the fields).

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT

http://lists.ctbirding.org/pipermail/ctbirds_lists.ctbirding.org/Week-of-Mon-20071126/004230.html
Woodbridge Community Gardens are in the SE corner of a large field at the intersection of Route 114 and Beecher Road.  From (let's say the Milford area, Steve) take the Wilbur Cross Parkway to exit 59 in Westville/Amity.  Head north on Route 63 for about 1.5 miles and take a left at the light where Blue Check Deli is.  You are now on Route 114, Orange Center Road.  Take your second right onto Beecher Road.  Parking lot is on the right and the Community Gardens are off the dirt road beyond the parking lot.
http://lists.ctbirding.org/pipermail/ctbirds_lists.ctbirding.org/Week-of-Mon-20071126/004233.html

One correction to those directions.  If you are heading west on Route 114 (Center Road) from Route 63, you take the second LEFT (not right) onto Beecher Road.   The shrike was seen in the far west garden, with the bird feeders.  I did not find it around 8 AM today, but it could still be there.  Good luck!Judy MooreWoodbridge