[CT Birds] Flicker helper

Carrier Graphics via CTBirds ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org
Sun Jun 1 10:38:32 EDT 2014

Had an interesting observation this morn. While relaxing in the sun under my Cedar tree talking to my Red Squirrel at the tree feeder, a male Flicker lands on my driveway. He goes directly to those pesky sand ant mounds they build in the cracks of the asphalt. here he begins to probe with his bill into the entrance and seemed to be getting his fill of ants. In time their were ants all around him, but the prize seemed to be at the entrance. He filled up and flew off then returned to another mound 15 mins later. I'm so glad he is helping me eradicate these pesky ants that love to live in my driveway!

Paul Carrier - Harwinton