[CT Birds] Swallows - Answer - Thanks! And another question

Pamela Holden via CTBirds ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org
Sun Jun 1 13:32:11 EDT 2014

Thanks to (Dan, was it?) who I met at the gravel pit with a scope.  Got a
good look at the birds with that and they are bank swallows.  He counted
approx. 80 holes before we arrived.  Also, received an email from Russ who
took pictures.  The birds were also flying around overhead and with a closer
view, you could tell they were bank swallows.

I have a new question.  Is it illegal for the gravel pit workers to destroy
that nesting area?

Thanks,
Pam Holden
Colchester