[CT Birds] Bear Mountain

Peter J De Gennaro via CTBirds ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org
Sun Jun 1 21:30:54 EDT 2014

Forgot to include that we heard 2 Black-billed Cuckoos in the Lion's Head
area as well as had a Black Bear on the trail.

6/1 - My brother and and I hiked from Lion's Head to Bear Mountain in
Salisbury. Some of the highlights: 2 Black Vultures, 15+ Yellow-bellied
Sapsuckers including a pair by a nest above the parking lot, 2 Common
Ravens, a few Bobolinks, and 9 species of warbler including many Canadas
and Black-throated Blues and a couple Yellow-rumps.

Also had an Alder Flycatcher singing in Winsted.

Peter DeGennaro
Naugatuck