[CT Birds] pumpkin hill help

Ann Lewis via CTBirds ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org
Tue May 27 06:54:54 EDT 2014

This is a late response to Joseph Cala about where to look for Cerulean
Warblers at Pumpkin Hill Rd. in Chaplin.  I didn't see that anyone
responded yet so I will. As you go west on Pumpkin Hill Rd. from Rt. 198 in
Chaplin, you will see a green gate on the left and then a second green
gate.  I have seen and heard them at the second green gate. There is a
(muddy) parking pull-out there and then a road/path that goes down quite a
ways.  The beginning of this path in the mature forest is where I've seem

Also if you continue down Pumpkin Hill Rd.(heading west)  there is a gas
line right-of-way on the right with good edges where I have seen them also
(they were a little easier to see here).

Also off of 198, south of Pumpkin Hill Rd., is Garrison Park/Hubbard
Sanctuary where Bobolinks can be seen.  Heading north on 198 from Rt. 6,
take a left into the Chaplin Town Hall parking lot.  The Bobolink field is
to the left of the picnic/park area.

Ann Lewis