[CT Birds] RI pelagic trip 6/15

Glenn Williams via CTBirds ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org
Fri May 30 06:58:18 EDT 2014

I am posting on behalf of Carlos Pedro, who is putting together another pelagic trip out of nearby Galilee, RI.  Information below.

Glenn Williams

"Giving it another try for a dedicated pelagic. Have a day Pelagic scheduled
with the Frances Fleet for Sunday, June 15, 2014. This is the only June date
available from the Frances Fleet. It is Father's Day but I am hoping we can
still make a go of it.

We will depart the Frances Fleet Dock out of Galilee, RI on board one of their larger fishing boats at 7 AM
and return at 3:30 PM. The trip will take us out thru Mud Hole to Coxes Ledge and back thru the Cod Fishing
grounds southeast of Block Island. The cost of the trip for 30 of us will be $100 each.
This includes a 10% tip for the crew.

Birds during this time should include Great, Cory's, Sooty and Manx Shearwaters, Wilson's Storm-petrel.
Hoped for and possible are Pomarine and Parasitic Jaegers, South Polar Skua,
Northern Fulmar and Leech's Storm-petrel.

Boat Information and directions to the Dock can be obtained by Googling 'Frances
Fleet". Sightings on past trips can be found at Paul Letoile's Website 'RIBIRD'.

If you are interested please e-mail me at dcpedro at cox.net as soon as possible to
reserve your spot.
Thanks for making these trips possible."

Carlos Pedro
Warwick RI