[CT Birds] Orange throated Ruby Throated Hummingbird in Ashford - update

Parrot via CTBirds ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org
Sat May 31 13:56:19 EDT 2014

Mystery solved?  Bird was reported again in  the am - and I sat for an hour and only say a single male Ruby Throat.  Overcast in the morning.

Returned after lunch - bright and sunny.  Single Ruby Throat again - except this time if standing with camera elevated on the tripod.  I began to notice the single bird with at first had no hint of orange - would begin to flash orange along the lower portion of the gorget - but in some views it appears that the extent of the orange would increase - is this playing angles of the feathers relative to the sun?  Will process and post some photos later.

Ron, Ashford