[CT Birds] Swallows - Answer - Thanks! And another question

Dan M via CTBirds ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org
Sun Jun 1 13:48:27 EDT 2014

Hi Pam,

Where is the gravel pit?

Dan Mercurio

-------- Original message --------
From: Pamela Holden via CTBirds <ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org>
Date:06/01/2014  1:32 PM  (GMT-05:00)
To: CT Bird List <ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org>
Subject: [CT Birds] Swallows - Answer - Thanks!  And another question

Thanks to (Dan, was it?) who I met at the gravel pit with a scope.  Got a
good look at the birds with that and they are bank swallows.  He counted
approx. 80 holes before we arrived.  Also, received an email from Russ who
took pictures.  The birds were also flying around overhead and with a closer
view, you could tell they were bank swallows.

I have a new question.  Is it illegal for the gravel pit workers to destroy
that nesting area?

Pam Holden