[CT Birds] Kent - Yellow- breasted Chat

Roy Harvey via CTBirds ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org
Sun Jun 1 14:19:20 EDT 2014

Found the Yellow-breasted Chat in the location indicated.  Heard it soon after I arrived, then spent about an hour looking and listening until it sang a second time around 11:18.  That time I managed to get a brief but clear look at it, perched very low to the right of the far end of the trail between the small hills.  It flew off crossing the path and moving away.  While I was waiting I got some wonderful looks at Prairie Warblers.

Thanks to Dan, John and Tina for the directions, and Ray Belding for the initial eBird report.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT