[CT Birds] Mowing at Rentschler

Joseph Cala joseph.e.cala at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 09:25:42 EDT 2014

All-

I stopped by Cabelas today before work in hopes of photographing more
sparrows and Bobolinks.

The back field that borders the run way has been partially mowed. It
started at the far road/runway and continued towards the fallen gate by the
jersey barriers and then a 20 foot swath right towards the old air traffic
tower.

Does anyone know what the hell is going on with this?  I had set some
perches up for the sparrows and those were all mowed over, and the
grasshopper sparrows that were in that area at the beginning of the week
seemed to be gone.