[CT Birds] Mowing at Rentschler

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Fri Jun 6 12:34:19 EDT 2014

Joe:
	Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  I have made the proper authorities aware of this potential violation of the Migratory  Bird Treaty Act.  The entity in charge of management there is the Matos Group (although this could be stadium activity related).
	If folks are upset about this, and I suspect some of you are, it might help to express that displeasure to the Matos Group.   Though these species are state-listed, that is not the hook here, it is the migratory bird treaty act.

It might be good to say that though we understand that the property is slated for development, these birds are quite endangered in the state and that you hope that mowing can be postponed until after August 15th so that the birds can have at least one more season of productivity before the property is developed.

info at matosgroup.com

Telephone:  860-289-0120

www.matosgroup.com

More to follow.