[CT Birds] Early Morning Walk at Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center

Frank Gallo fgallo at ctaudubon.org
Sat Jun 7 12:51:25 EDT 2014

Hi all,

Our Hidden Gems Bird Walk series was at Milford Point today, and our group had a wonderful morning. Highlights included, 10 Black Skimmers, 3 Piping plovers, 4 American Oystercatchers, a Couple of Willow Flycatchers, a Gadwall, other assorted shorebirds, including two Greater Yellowlegs, and a beautiful adult Yellow-crowned Night-Heron feeding at the marsh edge. There was also an Orchard Oriole in the clearing and our Purple Martins are finally in full swing. There were more than 20 sitting on the box, and many birds were bringing in nesting materials. We now have the martin cameras activated.  Have a look at gazebophil.com, and you can see the female on her nest, and she has eggs now. Our next Hidden Gems bird walk will be at Eisenhower Park in Milford, on June 14. We meet at 7:45 in the main parking lot. The full schedule is on our webpage at www.ctaudubon.org<http://www.ctaudubon.org>. Canoe tours of the Milford Point Marsh will begin this month, as well. The schedule for tours is at the bottom of our page. Good Birding.

Frank

Frank Gallo, Director
Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center
1 Milford Point Road